Chicken Caesar Salad
written by: Don
This is a really simple and "quick and dirty" recipe. Most of the recipes I came across for the dressing inculdes an egg, or just the egg yolk, but they never turned out to be what I was really looking for. This recipe here is without eggs and definitely my favourite caesar salad dressing.
|2 tablespoon||fresh lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon||Dijon mustard|
|1/3 cup||extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 teaspoon||hot sauce|
|150g||chicken breast, cubed|
|3-4||little gems / heart of romaine|
|garlic bread croutons|
Wash the hearts of romaine and cut/tear them into small pieces. Let them drain to get dry. Now cut the anchovies into really little pieces and squeeze them in a large salad bowl into a fine paste, then add pressed garlic to it. The amount of garlic to add really depends on the personal taste and whether you have an rendez-vous the next day. For a serving for two, I usually use half a clove, which is already quite intensive, since it will be consumed raw. Add a little bit of salt if you want, but bear in mind that the anchovies are quite salty anyway. Now create a paste out of these three ingredients, then add freshly grounded black pepper, the lemon juice, the mustard and the hotsauce. Mix it into a smooth paste, then add the olive oil. One third of a cup might sound like a lot, and it definitely looks like a lot, but you really need it to make it tasty! Besides, olive oil is not harmful towards your body weight anyway.
Now that you have got the salad dressing done, the rest of the recipe is like a walk in the park. Fry the cubed chicken breast in a pan and season it with salt and pepper, when it is done, add the salad into the salad bowl, mix it well and serve it onto plates, put the chicken pieces on top and sprinkle pine nuts, sliced parmesan and garlic bread croutons over it. Add some black pepper if you want.
Current Weather in
|adminstrate this site|
|Where it all began: the previous version of our homepage, now essentially discontinued but kept on the web for ‘archeological reasons’ :-)|
|Our Wedding Homepage|
|Where it all also began: the homepage we have put in place for our big day! Now it’s just a little piece of sweet memory.|
|Don's Facebook Page|
- Avocado Toast
- Chinese Rice Noodle Soup with Grilled Duck
- Masala Chai
- Ravioli with Parma Ham, Mozzarella, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil
- Rhubarb Cake
- Susanne commented on Hong Kong & Malaysia on 15 March 2013:
Die Bilder sind der Wahnsinn, echt sehr...
- Nadine commented on Hong Kong & Malaysia on 13 March 2013:
Wow, so starke Farben - und Ihr seht alle sehr...
- Mama commented on Hong Kong & Malaysia on 07 March 2013:
Very beautiful pictures and refreshing too of a...
- Lilian commented on Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno on 13 August 2012:
You guys do know how to enjoy life... beautiful...
- Bruno likes the blog post about Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno (13 August 2012).
- Adriana commented on Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno on 13 August 2012:
The pictures turned out great! This is a...
- Mama Amelia commented on Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno on 13 August 2012:
Beautiful places you have visited and of course...
- Clemens likes the blog post about Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno (12 August 2012).
- Patsy Neal commented on London 2012 Olympic Games on 11 August 2012:
Well you guys I get to live a little through your...
- Adriana commented on London 2012 Olympic Games on 10 August 2012:
Great pictures! We wait for you guys in 2016 and,...
hits since 1 July 2009
This page was loaded in 0.0 sec.
Birgit Baumgartner & Don Wu © 2018.
All rights reserved.