written by: Neema's Kitchen at The Bungalow Heritage in Kerala
This delicious drink comes straight from India! Thank you very very much to Neema from The Bungalow Heritage in Kerala, who (1) made us the chai and enchanted our day, and (2) even provided the recipe so we can relive our fond memories at home! This one is easy to make and does wonders!
|4 tsp||tea leaves, black|
|1 knob||fresh root ginger|
|2||black pepper corns|
|sugar to taste|
Crush and grind the cinnamon, cardamom pods, cloves and black peppers in a pestle and mortar. Peel and lightly crush the ginger. Bring the water to boil in a small pan and add all the ingredients except the sugar and the milk. Bring it back to boil for just 30 seconds, then remove the pan from the heat and allow it to stand for a minute. In a separate pan, heat the milk but do not let it boil. While it is heating up, filter the tea into two cups (or a tea pot), then add the warm milk and plenty of sugar to taste. The masala tea is ready to serve. Serves two.
Current Weather in
|adminstrate this site|
|Where it all began: the previous version of our homepage, now essentially discontinued but kept on the web for ‘archeological reasons’ :-)|
|Our Wedding Homepage|
|Where it all also began: the homepage we have put in place for our big day! Now it’s just a little piece of sweet memory.|
|Don's Facebook Page|
- Avocado Toast
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Chinese Rice Noodle Soup with Grilled Duck
- Ravioli with Parma Ham, Mozzarella, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil
- Rhubarb Cake
- Susanne commented on Hong Kong & Malaysia on 15 March 2013:
Die Bilder sind der Wahnsinn, echt sehr...
- Nadine commented on Hong Kong & Malaysia on 13 March 2013:
Wow, so starke Farben - und Ihr seht alle sehr...
- Mama commented on Hong Kong & Malaysia on 07 March 2013:
Very beautiful pictures and refreshing too of a...
- Lilian commented on Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno on 13 August 2012:
You guys do know how to enjoy life... beautiful...
- Bruno likes the blog post about Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno (13 August 2012).
- Adriana commented on Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno on 13 August 2012:
The pictures turned out great! This is a...
- Mama Amelia commented on Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno on 13 August 2012:
Beautiful places you have visited and of course...
- Clemens likes the blog post about Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno (12 August 2012).
- Patsy Neal commented on London 2012 Olympic Games on 11 August 2012:
Well you guys I get to live a little through your...
- Adriana commented on London 2012 Olympic Games on 10 August 2012:
Great pictures! We wait for you guys in 2016 and,...
hits since 1 July 2009
This page was loaded in 0.0 sec.
Birgit Baumgartner & Don Wu © 2018.
All rights reserved.