written by: Birgit's Mama
Deliciously light and not too sweet, this cake is perfect as a dessert or for afternoon seduction - and it is Mark's and Dinah's favourite cake!
|1 pack||vanilla sugar|
|1 teaspoon||baking powder|
Wash and peel the rhubarb, cut the stems into pieces of about 2cm length and mix them with the starch in a bowl.
Mix the flour with 100 g sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder and a bit of salt. Pile it onto a kitchen surface. Add the butter in flakes and make a hollow space in the middle of the heap.
Separate the egg yolks from the white but keep the whites in a fairly big bowl. Now its time to get your hands dirty. Set into the hollow the egg yolks and start making the dough by kneading the flour pile with your hands. When it is smooth throughout, take a round baking form and butter it. Spread the dough over the base and the sidewalls of the form to form the base of the cake, then pierce the base several times with a fork.
Returning to the egg white: beat it with a kitchen machine thoroughly until it is whipped. When the body is reasonably firm, add the rest of the sugar. Fold in the rhubarb carefully into the whipped egg white and do not let the whipped egg white collapse.
Fill the entire rhubard mixture into the base in the form and bake the cake for 60 minutes at 150ªC on the lowest level.
At this point, the hand-written version of this recipe says: "Don't let it get burned!!!" Quite a good hint actually, fairly general and useful really...
Current Weather in
|adminstrate this site|
|Where it all began: the previous version of our homepage, now essentially discontinued but kept on the web for ‘archeological reasons’ :-)|
|Our Wedding Homepage|
|Where it all also began: the homepage we have put in place for our big day! Now it’s just a little piece of sweet memory.|
|Don's Facebook Page|
- Avocado Toast
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Chinese Rice Noodle Soup with Grilled Duck
- Masala Chai
- Ravioli with Parma Ham, Mozzarella, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil
- Susanne commented on Hong Kong & Malaysia on 15 March 2013:
Die Bilder sind der Wahnsinn, echt sehr...
- Nadine commented on Hong Kong & Malaysia on 13 March 2013:
Wow, so starke Farben - und Ihr seht alle sehr...
- Mama commented on Hong Kong & Malaysia on 07 March 2013:
Very beautiful pictures and refreshing too of a...
- Lilian commented on Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno on 13 August 2012:
You guys do know how to enjoy life... beautiful...
- Bruno likes the blog post about Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno (13 August 2012).
- Adriana commented on Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno on 13 August 2012:
The pictures turned out great! This is a...
- Mama Amelia commented on Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno on 13 August 2012:
Beautiful places you have visited and of course...
- Clemens likes the blog post about Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno (12 August 2012).
- Patsy Neal commented on London 2012 Olympic Games on 11 August 2012:
Well you guys I get to live a little through your...
- Adriana commented on London 2012 Olympic Games on 10 August 2012:
Great pictures! We wait for you guys in 2016 and,...
hits since 1 July 2009
This page was loaded in 0.0 sec.
Birgit Baumgartner & Don Wu © 2017.
All rights reserved.