Spaghetti all' Amatriciana
written by: Don
This is one of my very favourite dishes. It is terribly simple but is really tasty. It is ideal when you are just cooking for yourself but even cooking a large portion is fairly simple. That's why throughout the years, it has always been one of the standard dishes served at my parties.
Cook the spaghetti in boiling water but make sure they stay al dente. Meanwhile, chop the garlic (you can add more if you like) into small pieces and cut the onion into thin slices. Heat a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan . You will probably find lateron that the speck does give quite a bit of fat while frying, so don't take too much oil right now.) Add the garlic first. Let the aroma of the garlic rise up but don't let them get burned. Now add the speck cubes and get the heat going, then add the onion.
When the onion is getting soft (this takes a few mins), add the whole pack of chopped tomatoes (with the juice and everything!) into the pan and season the sauce with salt, pepper and herbs (preferably fresh basil, but dried oregano would also do the job).
The final move is to add the spaghetti (which you have removed from the water meanwhile) to the pan and fry the whole pan for a little while longer.
I like the dish best with fresh parmesan and alongside to a glass of red wine.
Current Weather in
|adminstrate this site|
|Where it all began: the previous version of our homepage, now essentially discontinued but kept on the web for ‘archeological reasons’ :-)|
|Our Wedding Homepage|
|Where it all also began: the homepage we have put in place for our big day! Now it’s just a little piece of sweet memory.|
|Don's Facebook Page|
- Avocado Toast
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Chinese Rice Noodle Soup with Grilled Duck
- Masala Chai
- Ravioli with Parma Ham, Mozzarella, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil
- Susanne commented on Hong Kong & Malaysia on 15 March 2013:
Die Bilder sind der Wahnsinn, echt sehr...
- Nadine commented on Hong Kong & Malaysia on 13 March 2013:
Wow, so starke Farben - und Ihr seht alle sehr...
- Mama commented on Hong Kong & Malaysia on 07 March 2013:
Very beautiful pictures and refreshing too of a...
- Lilian commented on Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno on 13 August 2012:
You guys do know how to enjoy life... beautiful...
- Bruno likes the blog post about Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno (13 August 2012).
- Adriana commented on Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno on 13 August 2012:
The pictures turned out great! This is a...
- Mama Amelia commented on Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno on 13 August 2012:
Beautiful places you have visited and of course...
- Clemens likes the blog post about Croatia & Munich with Adriana & Bruno (12 August 2012).
- Patsy Neal commented on London 2012 Olympic Games on 11 August 2012:
Well you guys I get to live a little through your...
- Adriana commented on London 2012 Olympic Games on 10 August 2012:
Great pictures! We wait for you guys in 2016 and,...
hits since 1 July 2009
This page was loaded in 0.0 sec.
Birgit Baumgartner & Don Wu © 2018.
All rights reserved.